LIFE EVENTS - Fourth Quarter 2006
You have provided us with positive feedback on
this new section since its launch in September. "I liked that you
added the bit about happenings in people's lives. It's fun even
if I don't know the people", wrote Carol Hoecker 71 (Souder).
To mark the release of his CD, "Take A Chance," Marty Cohen 65 is having a party! If you will be in the Sacramento area on November 17th or 18th 2006, show up and give him some Trojan support! Learn how to order his CD at Brat Booty.
Caren Miller wrote us recently and wanted to share a fun part of her life with us.When she sent her photograph, riding on Antelope Island with buffalo, we wanted to share it with you. "Snapshots" was born. If you have a fun or interesting photo, please send it to us.
• June 10, 2006 - Danskin Triathlon
• Bill Glover's 73 daughter, Vanessa, graduated from Radford University, Virginia on May 25, 2006. She graduated Magnum cum laude with a major in Theatre & Music.
• Tom Unrath's 73 son, John, graduated from Valparaiso University in Indiana. He is headed for Queens College,Cambridge University, UK for a Masters in Religious Studies. He then plans to go on for a Doctorate in Psychology focusing on Faith Development. According to Tom, "Obviously got mom's brains!"
• Harvey Welch’s 73 daughter, Brittany, graduated May 28, 2006. She will be attending University of Illinois and is pre-med, with an emphasis on nutrition.
• Liz Burch's 74 (Weber) daughter, Ally, graduated June 11, 2006. She will be attending Denison.
• Bil Ingram's 74 daughter, Eliza, just graduated from Huntsville High School and is headed off to the University of Mississippi.
•The Hardy family Rod 66,Wesley 67 and Toni 70 (Tengelsen) lost their father, Lt. Colonel Bennett G. Hardy on May 10, 2006.
• The Hainley brothers, Dwight 72, Mark 73 and John 75 lost both parents within 33 days of one another this summer. Pat Hainley, their mother, died on June 28, 2006; their father, Col. D.C. Hainley, on July 31, 2006.
• Lynn Hoskins 76 (Boughton) lost husband, Steve Boughton, on July 30, 2006. Steve died from acute myelogenous leukemia. "UCLA grad, dentist, musician, poet, athlete, husband, father and friend," wrote Lynn of her husband of almost 14 years.
• The Burch sisters, Barbara 73 and Liz 74 lost their mother, Irene Burch, on June 18, 2006. She served in the Army Air Corps during World War II as a flight nurse. She returned to active duty in 1946 and served in the Army of Occupation in Germany. She resigned her commission in 1955 to become an Air Force wife and mother. She leaves behind her husband of 52 years, William Burch and her daughters Barbara Franklin of Arlington, Virginia and Elizabeth Weber of Bethesda, Maryland.